Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm Not Dead... Yet

It's been a while since I posted. I was going through some changes in real life so some things fell by the wayside, my gaming routine changed, and so on. But I'm back so let's do some catch up!

First off, I decided to take a hiatus from WoW. At this point, as long as I've played WoW, I know that I can't just quit for good, especially when Cataclysm is looking as amazing as it seems. But this is a great time to take a break from WoW if you need one, so I went back to a game that I've played before: Lord of the Rings Online. Why LotRO? To be honest, it's pretty much the exact opposite of WoW in many aspects. It focuses on the storyline and the game atmosphere, rather than instances and raids (although it does have instances and raids). It has a wonderful, mature, and generally inclusive community. It has player housing and player music, and is incredibly immersive. It is the yin to WoW's yang, so to speak. And I have to say, it's a much better game and I have a much deeper appreciation for it now compared to 2-3 years ago.

Still, as much as I love their game world and immersion... I love the Warcraft world more, and seeing a lot of news regarding Cataclysm in the past week has gotten me completely excited about WoW again. I'm seriously wondering if I'll be playing two games from this point forward, or if I can even maintain that balance. We'll see how that goes.

But for right now I'm back in WoW. The druid hit 80 two days ago, and since then I've been running heroicals for EoTs so that I can get that sexy druid armor. Seriously, I really don't care that much about the stats on the gear... but the druid T9 appeals to my aesthetic. I'll do almost anything for pretty armor. ;)

After that, who knows? I'd like to get the Guardian of Cenarius title on the druid, and I'd like to do Netherwing rep for the druid and the priest. I also still have yet to get the Salty and Chef titles. Leveling an alt is an always appealing possibility, but I'd rather save that for after Cataclysm. I'm already a Loremaster on my Priest. Raiding & PvP is not an option for me. Even with all that, I still need goals! Do you have any goals that you're trying to hit before Cataclysm? Are you still trying to get the Lich King down? Are you saying to heck with it all and taking a break until Cataclysm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are moderated to stop spam messages. It may take a while for your comment to show up on the post.