Friday, October 1, 2010

Wild Thing! ... and zombies!

It's a slow, slow time in the WoWiverse right now.

Other than quick log-ins every day or two to check on guildies and see what's going on, there's really not too much to say about WoW at the moment. Oh yeah, there IS this...


Born to be Wild!

Yep, 2 years later, I finally decided that my meager stash of gold could be easily replaced in Cataclysm, so I splurged and bought a bike. I also found a fairly decent set of bike gear, which will be worn anytime I'm out riding the countryside.

I'm excited about flying in the old world, true, but I love this bike so much.

Hmm... what else? The guild is growing with lots more casual players and altoholics. Seriously folks, if you're looking for a good, decent, group of people to play WoW with, and as long as you don't care about raid progression, look no further. GearScore, elitism, and bad attitudes are not allowed here. Unless you're riding a badass bike, in which case you can have a little bad attitude.

Rumor has it that Cataclysm will be out sometime in early December. Well yeah. We're getting down to the wire. It's October now and we haven't yet seen the build-up patches plus BlizzCon is happening later this month, so that rules out October. November is still a bit close as well, considering that it would have to happen in early November due to the Thanksgiving holidays. That leaves early December... unless they push it to early January.

I don't know, right now, I'd be happy for something, anything. As close as December sounds, it also sounds very far away. It's incredibly slow right now. I don't even remember the pre-TBC and pre-Wrath periods being this bad. I'd happily take a zombie event right now. Oh yes, even ZOMBIES.

Speaking of zombies, in my non-Warcraft time I've been playing Minecraft. No, it's not related to WoW. Yes, it is incredibly fun. If you were to mix the Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Dig Dug, and the WoW mining profession together, set it all into a zombie horror survival game, and then put the whole mish-mosh into a world of 8-bit Super Mario Bros. graphics, you'd about have it.

It's currently in Alpha, but you can already order the game at half price, for around $13 US. You'll get free updates and upgrades from that point forward. You can customize your character with player-made skins, and there are a bunch of player-made texture packs that can turn your game into different environments, like an RPG paradise, or an autumn/halloween landscape.

And it's creepy. Really creepy. It messes with your mind. I am a wimp and play in peaceful mode most of the time, because I like to build and I like to be able to sleep at night.

So if you're looking for a good way to pass some time while waiting for Cataclysm, Minecraft might be a good choice! Check out Arkenor's videos if you'd like to see more info on Minecraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are moderated to stop spam messages. It may take a while for your comment to show up on the post.